In your spine, your vertebrae are separated by 23 different discs. They act as cushions and shock absorbers between the individual vertebrae of your spine. Sometimes, due to injury, age or wear a disc can slip to one side or rupture. This is know as a herniated disc.
Some Symptoms of a Herniated Disc
- Pain is the most obvious symptom of a herniated disc
- The severity of this pain can depend on which disc is herniated and how severe the herniation is.
- The pain can spread down to the buttocks and to your legs.
- Numbness in legs and feet.
- Inability to fully straighten your back and neck.
- Numbness and tingling in both arms
How to Treat a Herniated Disc
As they say, the best offense is a good defense. If you would like to prevent a herniated disc, practice good posture, maintain a healthy weight, exercise regularly and try to avoid high heeled shoes. If you do happen to experience a herniated disc, Johnson Family Chiropractic can perform procedures to help alleviate the pain. We can help the relieve the pressure placed on nerves by misaligned vertebrae and discs, which can improve function, reduce pain and improve flexibility. If you would like a free consultation call us today at 405-752-8819. Or visit our website, www.johnsonfamilychiropractic.com our Facebook and our Twitter.